Sierra Safari Zoo will be closed until further notice as recommended by the Mayor of Reno due to coronavirus situation..
Due to this closure, the Zoo is in dire need of essential items to keep the animals fed and bedding sufficient to keep the animals in good health during the unpredictable weather during this time. The key items we need help from the community to support us for the next 4-6 weeks are:
· 2 Tons of Hay (Murray Hay 1-775-848-9086) which costs about $1000 (Livestock and petting Zoo animals)
· 10 Bails of straw (Green's Feed in Reno) which cost about $100 (Livestock and petting Zoo animals)
· Wild Trax supplement for 5-gallon container (Wild Trax Cat Supplement 501-230-4072) for $160 (big and small cats)
· Osteo-form supplement for 25 lbs container ( can be found at FarmVet.com or Amazon) for $150 (big and small cats)
· Various types of fruits and vegetables for the everyday feeding of the animals
We are also accepting cash donations to help with keep the zoo functioning even if not open to the public. Click on Donate button to be directed to our Paypal Donations. We really appreciate the support the community has given over the last 30 years of us being in business but we really need your help now to help us survive through this next couple of months as we all work through the corona virus quarantine and the aftermath, Thank you in advance for your help.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS
CHILD (3 TO 12).............$8
MILITARY (WITH ID).........$9
CHILDREN UNDER 3 ARE FREE
GROUP RATE (12 OR MORE) $7
We accept cash or credit cards. A service fee of 3.5% will be added to all credit card transactions. This is a change for the Zoo and is the result of the rising cost of credit card processing. Cash purchases have no extra fee.
Sierra Safari Zoo is on a mission to bring top quality educational and enriching experiences to all our visitors. Our mission requires continual support from our community, especially in the winter months when we have fewer visitors. After 30 years of operation we are facing continual costly upgrades and maintenance, that will require your help.
We feed out roughly 160 pounds of meat to our carnivores daily and about the same in fresh produce every day. Specialized supplements for the big cats and primates also add up every month. It is a big job that we love to do, but we cannot do it alone. Ever contribution counts.
Can you help us reach our goals?